Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Pines and Mason Jenning:" Lonesome Tremolo Blues"

Lonesome Tremolo Blues: Live with Mason Jennings and the Pines


Lyrics

The harness eyes are breaking
What's this world a coming too
If it wasn't for you I don't know what I'd do
My heart is aching, can I take a little booze
I'm waiting at the window
With the lonesome tremolo blues
[ Lyrics from: http://www.cloverlyrics.com/e79939-the_pines~lonesome_tremolo_blues_lyrics.html ]
The world is on fire
The moon is hanging from a string
I wake up in the night, Lift my head up and start to dream
What's wrong with everyone? How far does it gotta go?
Until the dogs of greed, fall down,
And drown in snow

You give them all your time
And you do your work well
But your compensation, is just a fraction of the sale
You fell like a buffalo in the belly of a whale
While the sick and the poor still,
Hanging on the nail

I'm a stranger here and
I'm a stranger everywhere
I could go home but, I'm a stranger there
Aint it hard to stumble,When you got no place to fall
I aint' got no place, babe,
In this world at all

No comments:

Post a Comment