Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cornelius, North Carolina and Lake Norman

On my recent trip to Charlotte, NC to visit my daughter, we took a road trip north of the Charlotte metro area to check out Cornelius and a few other cities near a large reservoir named Lake Norman.  My daughter and I stopped in Cornelius to take some pictures of the library and courthouse.  I have always appreciated the architecture of the south, and this town didn't disappoint.

The courthouse was impressive, but my daughter was wondering why anyone would take a picture of this place. I am impressed with the stately columns used to mark entrances in the South.

 This is my daughter Amrie in front of the library in Cornelius, NC.
 Picture of your truly in front of the same library.

 Down by the water at a park by Lake Norman in Huntersville, NC.   I asked some local fisherman what they were catching, and they replied:
"Little bit of everything."
Amrie and I enjoying the warm day by Lake Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment