Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado Trip

Here is the drive up to Garden of the Gods.  It wasn't very busy due to all the snow they had received, so we got a chance to hike the trails without having to deal with a bunch of people. One lady stopped me to take a picture and commented on my In-N-Out Burger stocking hat.  I had the same thing happen to me last year in Florida.  It seems like the chain generates some serious fans all around the U.S. but it only has locations out West.  I get mine animal style.
I think this was supposed to be an image of two camels kissing or something, but I was just surprised by all the birds that make their home in the sandstone rocks.

The city keeps the trails and property at Garden of the Gods maintained. I read a plaque stating that the reason it is free and open to the public is based upon the wishes of Charles Elliot Perkins. Here is a link to more information on Perkins and the history of this amazing place.

No comments:

Post a Comment