Thursday, July 31, 2014

WCW-my writing/ draft of "River Guide"


Form from WCW


so much depends upon:
a blue bandana
the snake river
people's emotions
talking with their eyes.

If only I knew then what I know now
cliche but true that the eyes are the window to the soul
and  often the main danger zone,
kenny loggins top gun,

Avoid eye contact at all costs with the other animals.
-Or-
talk without saying anything


River Guide (rough draft)

He has smile lines
and walks the walk
to say the fucking least.
Man, I admired that man!
He was humble and happy and poor
Fuck that!  He wasn't fucking poor.  He was ten
times richer than the billionaires on their 5 million dollar
acre in Jackson. He is the river
with zen like mind-state
found in the riches of mother earth.
He morphed into the snake, but was adaptable to all kinds of rivers,
and he read them like a well trained editor while I was still working on
a first novel.
He was my friend from the start, and always will be!
May the river guide live on...
swimming upstream through things natural and true, devoid
of all old money trying to ruin everything natural (wait a minute...I am also part of the problem)
for my children's children.
Down with the man.
River guide
for president,
but praise Mother Earth,
 he won't ever leave the rivers....


No comments:

Post a Comment