Tuesday, July 8, 2014

GD: "Bird Song":"All I know, she sang a little while and then flew on"/Brian JM: Anemone

"All I know, she sang a little while and then flew on" lyrics from "Birdsong" GD




 From:http://artsites.ucsc.edu/GDead/agdl/bird.html
"All I know, she sang a little while and then flew on"

The Annotated "Bird Song"

An installment in The Annotated Grateful Dead Lyrics.
By David Dodd
Library, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
"Bird Song"Words by Robert Hunter; music by Jerry Garcia
Copyright Ice Nine Publishing; used by permission.
All I know is something like a bird
within her sang
All I know she sang a little while
and then flew on
Tell me all that you know
I'll show you
Snow and rain

If you hear that same sweet song again
will you know why?
Anyone who sings a tune so sweet
is passing by
Laugh in the sunshine
sing
cry in the dark
fly
through the night
Don't cry now
Don't you cry
Don't you cry
anymore
lalalada
Sleep
in the stars
don't you cry
dry your eyes
on the wind
lalalala
la........


"Bird Song"

Recorded on
First performance: February 19, 1971, at the Capitol Theater in Port Chester, NY. "Bird Song" appeared in the third spot in the second set, following "Johnny B. Goode," and preceding "Easy Wind." Also premiered in the show was "Deal." The song remained in the repertoire steadily through September of 1973, then was dropped until September of 1980, after which it remained in steady rotation.
Hunter includes the dedication "...for Janis" with the lyric as it appears in Box of Rain. He also lists the title as "Birdsong" (all one word).

Brian Jonestown Massacre:
"Anemone" -------"You should be picking me up, instead your dragging me down".


Lyrics to Anenome
i
i think i know how i feel
cause i
i only play it for-real
you should be picking me up
instead you're dragging me down
flying over my head
you're landing all over town

you
you know that i try
try to tell you the truth
oh baby don't make me lie
you should be picking me up
instead you're dragging me down
now i'm missing you more
cause baby you're not around
now that you're not around

i
i want to know how it feels
cause i
i only play act for-real
you should be picking me up
instead your dragging me down
i could be giving you love
but you're not around
now that you're not around
now that you're not around
glad that you're not around.
[ These are Anenome Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

No comments:

Post a Comment