Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Cool Camper Truck From Lloyd Kahn's blog


 I found my next project when I was looking at Lloyd's Blog today. 

Link to Shelter Publications-Excellent books by Lloyd Kahn


Pickup Truck With Homemade Wooden Camper Shell
Photos are from theshelterblog.com which is another great site by Lloyd Kahn.


from shelterblog.org

I like the design and use of wood on this camper.  I am also impressed with the way the owner/ builder uses aerodynamics, and a economical small truck chassis, to keep the pocketbook in mind. The main problem with towing my 17ft. mass-produced, factory camper is the strain on gas mileage, even with my 2008 Tacoma.  The camper above has comfort, handmade originality, and I am assuming it is relatively economical to drive....with gas at $3.59 a gallon in Brainerd, MN, I keep thinking about buying something with alternative fuel options, like biodiesel, or a used Schwan's ice cream propane vehicle, but propane prices soared here last winter.  I found out that Minnesota has incentives for propane vehicle owners at the folllowing link:
 Alternative Fuels Data Center: MN
From mnpropane.org:

Propane Vehicle Rebate - Minnesota Propane Association (MPA)

MPA offers rebates of up to $1,500 to customers for the purchase of a new propane vehicle or the conversion of an existing vehicle to propane. To qualify, vehicles must be registered in Minnesota and conversion systems must be certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. For a new vehicle, the rebate may only cover the incremental cost of the propane vehicle over the conventional gasoline counterpart. For more information, refer to the Vehicle Incentive Program (PDF) website.

 Overall, I really like the interior of this camper, and have always been a fan of using wood to make a dwelling more comfortable, and appealing to the eyes. The builder did a great job on this custom made camper!
from shelterblog.org



I found this cool, handmade camper and other great information, on Lloyd Kahn's Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment