Monday, June 9, 2014

Why they name hurricanes, and why they shouldn't name winter storms

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/06/02/female-named-hurricanes-kill-more-than-male-because-people-dont-respect-them-study-finds/



I am okay with naming hurricanes, but this business of naming winter storms is overwhelming for Minnesota folk, as we experienced a constant winter storm from Oct. - May this year.

Here is how they name hurricanes,


If anyone is seeking an expert to name the winter storms, look me up. Being a native Minnesotan, I have the perfect lexicon.
  • Uff da-no joke, last winter it was so cold walking from our cabin to the garage, this Norwegian term works wonders in -30 Minnesota January.
  • #$%W@#@....enough said....
I am sure enjoying the Minnesota summer, but I want to put in a vote to end the naming of winter storms or become a storytelling meteorologist (as if there is any other kind).

No comments:

Post a Comment