Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Finding campgrounds during the summer on Minnesota's North Shore/Hiking

-Check out this link
-North Shore camping can be a bit crowded during our short summers, but the options abound outside of the overbooked state parks.
My family and I are fans of the superior-national-forest campgrounds, as they often have open spots, especially during the week.   Sawbill Lake is a personal favorite.


For great hiking in Minnesota, check out the Eagle Mountain hiking trail.  My family and I hiked it a few years ago, and on a clear day, the view from the top of Lake Superior is well worth the hike.  Check out the video below for more info:


My family travels up to the Minnesota's North Shore quite often, and our summer vacations are usually spent in Michigan's UP.    If you visit the UP, check out the Porcupine Mountains in Michigan's UP.
Here is a video on the Porky's:

Happy and safe summer travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment