Sunday, June 29, 2014

Boy River, Minnesota



My family and I were up in Boy River today. I remember the area from when I used to teach in Cass Lake, and my students did a Rusty Crayfish study for the MN DNR.  It was a great place, and I had forgotten the long gravel road leading to town, and the interesting town it is, especially with only 47 full time residents.



 Boy River is a city in Cass County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 47 at the 2010 census.[6] It is part of the Brainerd Micropolitan Statistical Area.

Jerry's bar is the place.  I won a meat raffle here once, and it is a great place to people watch. Boy River contains a friendly, laid back crowd, with little pretense.  I almost purchased a blaze orange hat with Jerry's Bar insignia, as I dabble in furthering my collection, however, I felt it was more important to spend the money on beef jerky, and my favorite bar food of all time, pickled eggs.  It was great to spend time here again with Jay Columbus,  my cousin Betty,  and our other family and friends. Thank you to Jay and Betty for introducing me to Boy River. Gotta love summer in Boy River, Minnesota.
Jerry's Bar. Car and truck owners not available for comments, but they sure had some cool hunting stories.

Made a stop at the Mule Lake store on the way to do some trading.


Here is what the stores looked like in the 1930's.  I like the small, family owned country stores.




No comments:

Post a Comment