Friday, May 2, 2014

Tip for Educational Success



Interaction with classmates



More after the jump



During my college classes, I would introduce myself to fellow students, as I didn’t know anyone on the campus when I first went back to school after failing out on my first try, due to my failure to attend classes.
I would introduce myself, and offer my hand, to the other 25 or so students in my various courses.  This was before cell phone takeover, so we would usually exchange email adresses, and I found many benefits of having a point of contact for assistance with our classes, and I also starting making a few new friends along the way, but also had to deal with some people getting weirded out by me introducing myself, although this was rare in most of my major courses in Creative Writing, as those classes are workshop style format, which means we all shared our writing in a circle everyday.   I still keep in contact with many of my college friends, and attribute part of my college success to collaboration with my classmates, as is often the case with educational successes at many different school levels. Cooperation and collaboration is helpful for anyone….teachers on down to Kindergarten students, in terms of educational success.  This is a very important activity in terms of your educational success: make contact with other students in your classes, stay engaged during class sessions, and be sure to interact when the teacher asks for feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment