Monday, May 12, 2014

Plans for building a chicken tractor:



Chicken Tractor plan pdf.:Kerr Center Chicken Tractor 1.0:
I liked the use of plywood in this plan;  I acquire lots of free plywood, particle board, and tin, and these plans work well when using salvage materials which are my favorite type, especially on a writer's budget.  I have used these plans and they make functional chicken tractors for braving the extreme elements, and varmints, of Northern Minnesota.


pvc-pastured-poultry-pen

PVC is a cheap, useful building materials, but it doesn't have the soul of plywood, rusted tin, and cheap oil base painted particle board.  PVC may seem ghetto to some, but I see it as a little too futuristic, a it reminds me too much of  my least favorite childhood gift, which was one of the CONNEX sets with all the plastic parts...used it for one day and then it grew dust in the closet.  I am more of a pvc fan when it comes to hoop house for the garden, but these plans are a great option for the technical types.



No comments:

Post a Comment