Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lake Superior poem and photo


Lake Mistress
     Her complexion, despite the sun’s reflection, is the beauty in her face. She is the home place and the destination; a home for the meandering river of my mind. Across her expanses, my gray eyes traverse. She is a tumultuous and soothing tea, permeating me with her warming spring waters, flowing from her bottom, in brown sugar-tinged wetness.
        The nighttime moon refractions, in her luminous, reflection, make her starry eyes appear vicariously shy.  She is lathered in vanishing moonlight, which carouses and collides with the brilliant stars…all of this contributing to her image, which I can’t shake from my mind. Soon, I will bathe in her enveloping spring warmed waters. In my dreams, her many images, will fail to surcease.

No comments:

Post a Comment