Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Great study skills tips/ The Art of Manliness

This is a great website and the tips found at the following link are very helpful in terms of educations success. The Art of Manliness is a site known for providing profound information and making it humorous.  I would have to say my main successes as an educator can be contributed to the blending of these two items. Speaking in front of people for hours on end is stifling, so I would usually break my hour long classes into three parts. By lecturing roughly a third of the time, and letting the students do peer review or cooperative learning, it seemed to break up the class.  The humor wasn't usually provided by me...the student would do a great job with many writing assignment, and even in upper level classes I would try to incorporate games or real world scenarios into the workshop style classroom and  having humor in a writing or Literature classroom can be very important.



-Look for my upcoming book on success in college!

Keep on learning for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment