Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Old Barber Shop Pictures

Barber shop and pool hall, Oklee Minnesota, 1912

These pictures are reminders for me to go to the barber shop and get my hairs cut.  I also like the way the first two photos take me back in time, as I have been waxing nostalgic as of late.
When I was an innocent blue eyed blond haired boy, my mother would take me to the barber shop to trim my page boy haircut.  I was tow headed and a little nervous about going to the barber shop.  But the barber was a friendly sheep farmer, and he would put a plywood board across the arms of the barber chair so I could sit up higher.  It wouldn't take him long to cut my hair and vacuum the cape off, and then he would drip a few drops of Vitalis onto his hand, slap them together, and give my freshly cut hair a good rub down with the hair tonic. Seeing these old barber shops make me think of my time visiting the local barber shop.

Iowa, 1912
Frenchy'


No comments:

Post a Comment