Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Full Moon and Halloween Rant: Trucks Celebrating Halloween



Photos courtesy of thelope.com



Halloween is the dentist's favorite holiday.   I like it way better than Christmas (which isn't saying much), and this year our son is all amped up about going out trick or treating.   In the schools this week, many teachers have been busy talking about how crazy the students get during a full moon and also the way Halloween can make even the calmest children crazy with excitement and sugar.


When I was in grade school, I would always look forward to filling multiple empty pillow cases with candy, and walking around my hometown with my friends.  As I got older and into my teen years, it became a time to pull pranks on people and it usually involved toilet papering their house or yard, egging cars and other annoying adolescent pranks.


So, I find myself wondering what Halloween has become in this day in age.  We live in the age of social media, crazy consumerism, and cameras monitoring our every move.   Is Halloween a time to give out candy and spend more money as a consumer?  Or is it a time to turn out the lights in our houses, and avoid the plagues of candy greedy little kids?


I will take part in the Halloween festivities for the sake of my young kid.  I am lucky to be home every night, and I am thankful for the truckers sacrificing home time to deliver all the candy that will be consumed this week.

 My son's excitement about Halloween and other holidays is contagious, and I would be a fool to ignore all of the joy his excitement has brought our family. 
Have a safe and fun Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment