Saturday, February 22, 2014

Firewood and other chores

Cutting wood, and getting fresh air is an important way to take a break from studying.  I also like to spend some time each day working in the woods, as I think a major theme that most study skills information fails to mention is the importance of breaks.  Cutting and selling firewood is my break from academia, and I find it a necessary activity. I also like to keep the kids busy with chores, and firewood was one of my least favorite chores when I was younger.  My daughter equates firewood with our firewood bundle business, which has contributed to her college fund, so she doesn't complain about cutting, stacking, and bundling.  Find some times during your study schedule to take a break and do something you enjoy. It really works!

Here are some free tips, and number 2 is what I am talking about in this post.
10 steps to improving your study skills: Courtesy of Cuesta College

No comments:

Post a Comment