Friday, July 10, 2015

Plot A Thriller Diagram: Matt Rees Writing Techniques





Text excerpt written by Matt Rees:


This diagram is a framework for writing a thriller. It’s based on my experience writing crime fiction and on studying how other writers create thriller plots. I’ll go into more detail about each of the stages of the diagram in future posts on thriller plot structure and thriller plot twists, and I’ll add some points to the diagram as we go along. But if you follow this to create your thriller plot outline, you’ll have a thriller that’ll keep you and your readers in a state of tension until the last page. It’s a companion piece to my podcast How to Structure and Plot a Book. While you’re waiting for my coming posts, come up with a premise for a thriller and see if you can plot out how you’d develop it right through this diagram. Before you know it you’ll have a basic thriller plot. Let me know what you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment