Saturday, January 3, 2015

Brainerd Jaycees Ice Fishing Extravaganza: Brainerd Minnesota Ice Fishing


I have attended the Brainerd Ice Fishing Extravaganza for the last five years. It is a great event with a ton of prizes, but I have never caught a fish. The Jaycees are a great organization and the money from this event is donated to many great causes, but the reason I attend is due to the shock value of seeing this many people on the ice.  I was in awe the first time I loaded up my gear and climbed on the bus to head to this great event.  Here are some pictures to give you an idea of what it is like to attend this amazing event:

This picture is amazing when you realize it is -20 F with a 30 MPH wind. Party Time!
Add caption
Vendors selling food and cold beverages are found in the center of the event and a police helicopter is overhead to make sure nobody sneaks in with a previous caught fish. It is a very fun event and I was especially impressed with the way it is organized. BIR (Brainerd International Raceway) offers free parking with bus service to tournament, and I have always parked at BIR. This is a great event to take part in during a long Minnesota winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment