Sunday, December 28, 2014

To Van or Not to Van.

For some recent information on expediting with a van, check out the following link from Expediters Online:

The article goes over the pros and cons of expediting freight in a cargo van. I enjoyed the details and research the author included in this article, and have come to my own conclusions on expediting. I think working as a company driver would be a good way to start, but the reality associated with expediting is most companies will want the driver to be able to stay out on the road for 2-3 weeks at a time minimum.  I think this would be a challenge for most people with a young or growing family.  The only way I would consider this industry would be finding a route allowing the driver to be home a few nights a week. For those needing to stay out for weeks on end, a sleeper like the one below would make living on the road much more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment